SpeediCath® Standard Female Straight
SpeediCath® catheters are safe, hygienic catheters that offer ease of use, greater comfort and minimal risk of urethral damage for all catheter users.
The SpeediCath® catheters have been in the market for more than 10 years.
Instantly ready to use without the need to add water or wait for the coating to become activated, easy to open and simple to handle, SpeediCath® represents a more convenient way to catheterize.
The uniform hydrophilic surface coating ensures safe catheterization time after time.
A number of studies have demonstrated that SpeediCath’s ease-of-use plus the fact that it doesn’t need any preparation make it the preferred choice among catheter users (cf 1).
SpeediCath® is available in a variety of lengths and sizes to suit both women, men and children.
All members of the SpeediCath® family:
- have a smooth even coating minimizing the risk of urethral damage
- are pre-hydrated and thus ready to use
- are intuitive and easy to use
1. Pascoe G, Clovis S. Evaluation of two coated catheters in intermittent self-catheterisation. Br J Nurs 2001:10:325 -329.
SpeediCath has a unique and patented hydrophilic coating.
The advanced hydrophilic coating consists of three elements:
1) Base coating: The base coating ensures the coating remains uniform
and evenly distributed during insertion and removal and prevents the top coating from rubbing off.
2) Top coating: The uniform top coating provides the optimal level of water absorption, making the surface extremely smooth and minimising friction.
3) Saline solution: SpeediCath is contained in a saline solution, ensuring the coating is always hydrated optimally and making them instantly ready to use.
SpeediCath also has polished eyelets to create smoother edges between eyelet and catheter surface, designed to minimise friction and risk of urethral trauma. Through a process developed specifically for SpeediCath, the edge of every eyelet is polished to create a soft and perfect transition between them and the catheter surface, ensuring maximum comfort when inserting and withdrawing the catheter.
SpeediCath is safe and easy to use. The hydrophilic coating and the polished eyelets provides for a safe, easy and convenient catheterisation.
SpeediCath is also PVC- and phthalate-free, ensuring your health is never compromised and limiting the environmental impact.
SpeediCath was the first instantly ready to use catheter to be introduced to the market almost 15 years ago. Since then it has been setting the standard for self catheterisation. The unique and patented hydrophilic coating ensures the catheter is ready to be used right out the packaging without adding water or lubrication.
The coating also covers the polished eyelets, ensuring a smooth catheter surface which minimises the risk of urethral damage.
The hydrophilic coating and the polished coated eyelets are on all SpeediCath catheters.